All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe aim of this exegetical study of Josh 5,13-15 is to propose an understanding of this short narrative in its own proximate (Josh 1-6) but also larger (Gen-Josh) context. It shows that the triple installation of Joshua into his leading role - by Eleazar, Moses, and directly by Yahweh - is crucial for an understanding of our text. The final divine installation provides Joshua with the same authority as Moses. Joshua as leader, enjoying the same assistance from Yahweh as did Moses, is the only prophet like Moses under whom the final realization of the promise - the entry into the Promised Land - will take place. The salvific era inaugurated in Exod 3 extends right up to Josh 3-4. Thus Yahweh's encounter with Joshua (5,13-15) inaugurates a new salvific era. Its narrator evokes the fulfilment of the ancient promise and its actualisation through deliberate links to the theophanies of the patriarchs and creates an unshakable hope that the gift of land will be realised.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Blazej Strba, born in 1971 in Nova Bana (Slovakia), studied Theology at the Pontifical Gregorian University and was ordained priest for the Diocese of Banska Bystrica in 1997. He studied at the Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome, at the Hebrew University and Studium Biblicum Franciscanum in Jerusalem, where he completed his Doctorate in Sacred Scripture. He is currently editor of Studia Biblica Slovaca and teaches Old Testament exegesis in the Theological Faculty of the Comenius University of Bratislava at Badin (Slovakia).
- Author(s)Blazej Strba
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/03/2008
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleOsterreichische Biblische Studien
- Series Part/Volume Number32
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notetables
- Weight690 g
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.