All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionDespite developments in policy and practice, the academic outcomes for children and young people who are looked after by local authorities continues to be poorer than for their peers who are t in care. This book details the evaluation of the Taking Care of Education development project, developing an understanding of the relationship between specific interventions and outcomes for young people. It also identifies ways of developing a culture within local authorities that can effectively promote the educational welfare of looked after children and young people, and concludes by considering the implications of the key findings for policy, practice and research.
- Author BiographyDavid Berridge is Professor of Child and Family Welfare in the School for Policy Studies at the University of Bristol. He began his career as a residential social worker and has been a researcher for 25 years. He is the author of several books, chapters and articles. David was awarded the OBE in January 2005 for services to children. Whilst at NCB, Dr Ruth Sinclair developed and managed the extensive research and evaluation programme of NCB. Ruth has many years experience in conducting research on and with children. She has a particular interest in children in public care or in receipt of social care. She is also interested in developing child-centred research approaches that include the views and perspectives of children and involves them as widely as possible in all stages of the research process.
- Author(s)David Berridge,David Dobel-Ober,Rachel Harker,Ruth Sinclair
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Children's Bureau Enterprises Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.