All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.92
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis was the book which first garnered international celebrity and toriety for its author and which fire-started a debate about the supernatural claims of Christianity. Rejecting Christian doctrines and metaphysics in favour of the religious consciousness which characterises human identity, Cupitt 'takes leave' of God by abandoning objective theism. Because he remained an ordained priest of the Church of England, the author attracted considerable attention and criticism for his position. Indeed, Keith Ward, w Oxford's Regius Professor of Divinity, wrote an entire book - Holding Fast to God - which attempted to counter Cupitt's views. Whatever one thinks of the author's beliefs, Taking Leave of God contributed to one of the most important theological discussions of its time.
- Author(s)Don Cupitt
- PublisherSCM Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleSCM Classics S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSCM Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight11 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine250 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.