All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $43.56
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.71
About this product
- DescriptionA smartly paced political thriller. Observer Morgan Cooper has always found it difficult to balance her home lifemother of two young children and wife of a workaholic civil rights lawyerwith her work life as an undercover CIA officer. When Morgan gets stressed, anxious, or scared, whether at home or in the field, she tends to talk to herself until she can clear her head. This habit, though, puts her life in danger during an assignment in the strife-torn Gaza Strip. After leaving home posing as a diplomat, Morgan meets her contact, Abdel Nasser, and the two begin monitoring the warring Fatah and Hamas factions. On the Strip, the betrayals and contradictions of her personal and working lives catch up with her. Soon, Morgan and Nasser are kidnapped by an extremist organization with links to al-Qaeda. When Adam, Morgan s husband, receives word of her kidnapping, he is assured by Morgan s bosses at the CIA that the organization is doing everything they can to find his wife. When days pass with developments or new information, Adam decides to look for Morgan on his own. Inspired by actual events, Taking Morgan is a gripping vel of political intrigue and suspense. It is also the deeply affecting story of a modern couple struggling with their marriage, suddenly at risk of losing each other forever. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fictionvels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyDavid Rose has written extensively on intelligence and covert action by agencies all over the world for more than twenty years. He s been a contributing editor with Vanity Fair since 2002, and on staff at the Guardian, Observer, and BBC. He currently writes investigative articles for the Mail on Sunday. The author of six nonfiction books, he s been shortlisted for the Crimewriters Association Golden Dagger and won the Trento Mountain Literature Festival grand prize. He resides in Oxford, England.
- Author(s)David Rose
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication17/11/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight363 g
- Width140 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.