All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the reality of an eight year old child diagsed with Sickle Cell Anemia. Taking medication everyday is reality and has an impact on everyday life. This book captures the author's personal thoughts and feelings about taking her medicine daily. She feels it is important to share her story with other children diagsed with Sickle Cell Anemia.
- Author BiographyEgypt A. Harvey is a fighting spirit! She is becoming a voice for children diagnosed with Sickle Cell Anemia. Born with Sickle Cell Anemia, Egypt understands the everyday issues and struggles of living with this disease, hospitalizations and medications. She offers a firsthand look into her life, a child that must keep moving forward, even when she is not feeling her best. Once Egypt was diagnosed with Sickle Cell Anemia at birth, her mother went searching for books that offered a firsthand account of what it is like to live, manage and raise a child diagnosed with Sickle Cell Anemia, however, she was unsuccessful. Several years later, the book has been written. Sickle Cell Anemia: A Mother's Perspective: What Every Parent Should Know was released in 2010 followed by, Taking My Medicine: Seeing Sickle Cell Anemia Through My Eight Year Old Eyes: One Child's Perspective in 2011. Egypt's mom believed it was important for Egypt to share her personal experiences with other children living with this disease and to become an inspiration to those children diagnosed after her. This is only the beginning!
- Author(s)Egypt A Harvey
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width198 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byMercedes Lipscomb
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.