All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.26Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionIt looks different. It acts different. There's right way to hold it. It responds to the touch of your fingertips. It's the Internet in your lap. It connects to the world, yet it is as personal as a well-worn book. Taking Your iPad to the Max is written so that anyone, from a computer-savvy teenager to a 92-year-old great-grandmother, can quickly get up to speed on Apple's latest hit. As bloggers at The Ufficial Apple Weblog (tuaw.com), we have the happy privilege of working with Apple products every day. The iPad is so different from any computer you've ever used, and we realize many people could use a helping hand, to feel comfortable buying and using an iPad. We take you from selecting and buying an iPad, to connecting it to the Internet, and then demonstrate just how to use the incredible power of the iPad and all its apps to enhance your life. Whether you're using your iPad to surf the Internet, admire family photos, listen to music, watch movies, or read a book, we're here to guide you. We show you how your iPad can be a virtual shopping mall, opening the door to purchases of music, books, videos, and movies. We help you organize your daily life through the use of Calendar, Notes, and Contacts, communicate with friends and colleagues with Mail, and find your way with Maps. The iPad is more than the ultimate leisure device; it's also a work tool. Taking Your iPad to the Max guides you through the basics of Apple's iWork suite for iPad. Learn to create business or personal documents with Pages, make professional presentations with Keyte, and keep data and finances under control with Numbers.
- Author BiographyErica Sadun holds a Ph.D. in computer science from the Georgia Institute of Technology. She has written, co-written, and contributed to almost two dozen books about technology, particularly in the areas of programming, digital video, and digital photography. An unrepentant geek, Sadun has never met a gadget she didn't need. Her checkered past includes run-ins with NeXT, Newton, and a vast myriad of both successful and unsuccessful technologies. When not writing, she and her geek husband parent three adorable geeks-in-training, who regard their parents with restrained bemusement. Eight Ways to Get the Most out of Your Zune, the O'Reilly shortcut, and Modding Mac OS X, also from O'Reilly, are her latest books. She also wrote Taking Your iPhone to the Max.
- Author(s)Erica Sadun,Michael Grothaus,Steve Sande
- Date of Publication25/07/2010
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notebiography
- Weight826 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.