All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this book, J. Benton White surveys the many Protestant approaches to the Bible and then focuses on the issues raised by modernist and fundamentalists in the twentieth century. He gives special attention to the Protestants' struggle with the question of how the Bible should be understood. By doing this, he helps individuals examine this crucial question and allows them to draw their own conclusions. White focuses on Martin Luther's affirmation of the Protestant principle of the Bible alone, then follows debate up to the present.
- Author BiographyJ. Benton White is Professor Emeritus of Religious Studies at San Jose State University in San Jose, California. He is coauthor of From Adam to Armageddon: A Survey of the Bible.
- Author(s)J. Benton White
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/12/1993
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date23/11/1994
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.