All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $51.57
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a horrifying zipline accident at a local Scout-O-Rama, Summer Miller discovers that she must move away from a life of children's birthday parties and perfectly folded napkins to become the vigilant caretaker in charge of her family's recovery. Not only have the Boy Scouts been remiss on that terrible day in following their mottos of Be Prepared and Safety First, but she finds others can be functioning under the same automatic pilot of authority which breeds these horrible mistakes. A nurse, a doctor, a lawyer can fail to be awake eugh to observe a situation and remedy it, and their need to be right, to be an authority, prevents them from expressing their natural human compassion. Summer bravely faces the debilitating consequences of the accident and finds that her newly learned vigilance must be practiced as well with the lawyers, the medical experts, the personal counselors and even one Girl Scout leader she must deal with on her path to return her family to wholeness. Along the way she learns that karma comes in many guises and that only by stepping out of the learned social complacencies of life can one begin to control one's own destiny and have a chance at creating the life one wants. Dramatic, intense and insightful, Taking the Fall is laced with Summer's own marvelous sense of humor that prompts as many tears of laughter as the tears of sorrow that come over her family's unnecessary tragedy.
- Author BiographySummer Miller was born and raised in San Jose, California. She still lives in San Jose today with her husband, son, daughter and their Golden Retrievers.
- Author(s)Summer Miller
- PublisherOutskirts Press
- Date of Publication12/12/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOutskirts Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.