All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMaster the first comprehensive, credible framework for measuring HR's value and the quality of its talent acquisition/management efforts! Reflecting their immense experience leading talent management and consulting on enterprise talent strategy, Linda Brenner and Tom McGuire introduce a powerful new metric: the Intellectual Capital Index (ICI). Built on extensive financial analysis of Fortune(R) 500 companies, ICI helps you rigorously identify specific areas of intellectual capital that drive the most value in your company, and refocus HR accordingly. Using it, you can: * More effectively quantify the return on your human capital investments * Measure the quality and value of your most important talent * Gain a deeper understanding of the drivers of value in their organization * Recognize the drivers of intellectual capital within their companies * Measure and improve talent quality: your most important talent metric Brenner and McGuire help you finally overcome long-time controversies and obstacles to valuing talent. Using accepted financial techniques, you'll walk through: * Identifying which people and roles are producing disproportionate value * Determining the true asset of value of talent you don't own * Gaining deeper insight into the active and inert components of intellectual capital * Organizing structures and business processes to activate your talent and liberate latent value * Choosing and applying the most effective talent metrics * Refocusing HR on the talent issues, skills, and competencies that matter most Talent Valuation offers indispensable tools and insights for C-level executives, HR leaders, strategists, investors, analysts, researchers, students - and anyone concerned with measuring, optimizing, and communicating the business value of talent.
- Author BiographyThomas McGuire leads the talent strategy practice at Designs on Talent, having served as both CFO and Global Talent Acquisition Director at top global consumer products companies. He has 35 years of business experience following his first job as a Peace Corps Volunteer. As a CPA, he grew up in finance, working for Coopers & Lybrand and then The Coca-Cola Company, where he led finance in its German division after the Berlin Wall fell. He then joined Coke's marketing executive team, growing its licensed merchandise business and helping to negotiate pioneering global advertising agreements. From 1997-1999, McGuire led talent acquisition at Coca-Cola. Later, after serving as Revlon's CFO and as President of Revlon International, he rejoined Coke as Group Director, Global Talent Acquisition. Tom is founder and owner of Human Capital Formation, LLC. Linda Brenner is Managing Director and Founder of Designs on Talent, an Atlanta-based consultancy that helps business leaders improve talent results. The firm specializes in talent strategy design, talent acquisition process improvement, and skills assessment and development for HR and Talent Acquisition professionals. Designs on Talent's clients include Chick-fil-A, Coca-Cola, Turner Broadcasting, Expedia, AT&T, Cox, and L'Oreal. Prior to founding Designs on Talent in 2004, Linda led talent acquisition and talent management teams at Gap, Pepsi, and The Home Depot. Linda counts camp counselor, Gap store manager, Talent Acquisition leader for The Home Depot, and business owner among the most value-creating roles she's held in her career.
- Author(s)Linda Brenner,Thomas McGuire
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication20/03/2015
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationNJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPearson FT Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.