All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1998 the expansion Arizona Diamondbacks made an inauspicious debut in Major League Baseball by losing 97 games. Yet the very next year they wound up in the National League playoffs after posting the greatest single-season turnaround in the history of the game. Just two years after that, the D-Backs won the 2001 World Series with an unforgettable rally against the New York Yankees. First published in 2002, Tales from the Arizona Diamondbacks Dugout is a compilation of fascinating vignettes that give baseball fans an inside look at the 2001 Arizona Diamondbacks' world championship season as well as many of the magic moments that preceded it . . . and beyond. From the founding of the expansion franchise to their quick rise to glory, as seen through the eyes of manager Bob Brenly, his coaching staff, and such D-Backs stars as Randy Johnson, Curt Schilling, Mark Grace, Matt Williams, and Luis Gonzalez, readers get a front-row seat for Arizona's World Series win over the Yankees. Veteran sportscaster Bob Page takes you behind the scenes for an intimate, informative, and often humorous look at the Diamondbacks' rise to glory. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Sports Publishing imprint, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in sports--books about baseball, pro football, college football, pro and college basketball, hockey, or soccer, we have a book about your sport or your team. Whether you are a New York Yankees fan or hail from Red Sox nation; whether you are a die-hard Green Bay Packers or Dallas Cowboys fan; whether you root for the Kentucky Wildcats, Louisville Cardinals, UCLA Bruins, or Kansas Jayhawks; whether you route for the Boston Bruins, Toronto Maple Leafs, Montreal Canadiens, or Los Angeles Kings; we have a book for you. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyBob Page is an award-winning sportscaster who has hosted and reported on national TV and radio stations alike. He has worked in Michigan, New York, and California and has covered teams like the Knicks, Yankees, and Rangers.
- Author(s)Bob Page
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Series TitleTales from the Team
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Weight318 g
- Width145 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.