All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionBuckle up your seatbelt and prepare for a ride on the history highway! Christopher Garrish has collected hundreds of facts and photographs (t to mention licence plates) in this astonishing assembly of motoring madness. Discover what the earliest motorists in the province used to build their own licence plates; why some licence plate numbers are worth waiting in line overnight for; which offensive acronym slipped under the radar and found its way onto a licence plate before authorities recalled it; and dozens of other entertaining anecdotes. Whether you are a car conisseur or a tailgating trucker, you will find that this is more than just an ABC-123 account of licence plates. The book is t only the definitive guide to everything from plate prefixes and decals to provincial slogans and vanity plates, but also a fascinating, behind-the-scenes look at how cars -- and by extension licence plates -- have played a part in our exploration and navigation of Beautiful British Columbia for the past hundred years.
- Author BiographyTo distract their young son on a cross-continental car trip, Christopher Garrishs parents encouraged him to illustrate all the different licence plates he saw. Thirty years on, Chris still finds himself scanning for plates and recording what he sees on his award-winning website, BCpl8s.ca. He has also published articles on British Columbia history in BC Studies, British Columbia Historical Newsand Okanagan History. Chris, his wife, Heather, and his two daughterswhose names can be spelled in both English and Licence Plate: K8 (Kate) and 3MM4 (Emma) live in the Okanagan Valley.
- Author(s)Christopher Garrish
- PublisherHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Notecolour photos
- Weight390 g
- Width205 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Foreword byGordon Campbell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.