Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a family friendly compilation of stories about a variety of hilarious characters from Maury County Tennessee. The author grew up in Mount Pleasant Tennessee on the south end of the county and learned of the exploits of several unique characters as he travelled a route called The Z. After moving away he began telling tales about these characters. The interest his listeners had in these stories fascinated him and he came to realize that other towns did t have a 'rich' history like his hometown. Whether it is Officer Manley Workman hooking a wrecker to Fatty Isabel to haul him to jail after he refused to go or Tooterbill Odom causing a massive explosion in a slag pit at his place of employment to give the 'townsfolk' a spectacular Fourth of July fireworks display, these stories will keep you laughing out loud. Ather thing the author came to realize through the years as he started including tales about himself in these story telling sessions is that he had also contributed to the history of the town in some amusing ways. Is there ather place like Mount Pleasant Tennessee? You will have to read the book to decide!
- Author(s)Marshall McGaw
- Date of Publication16/05/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight388 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.