All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.34
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionJohannesburg is one of the world's most successful mining stories; here Larkin explores the vast waste dumps that have resulted from this business, territory where history, ecomy and contemporary South Africa collide. Over the decades, life on and around these dormant and toxic remains has developed. Forgotten by owners and igred by their neighbours, a quiet interaction has existed between these spaces and modern day urban centres. However as the price of gold spikes, great change is underway that leaves life in Johannesburg uncertain.
- Author BiographyJason Larkin (b.1979 in the UK) is regularly internationally published and recently was awarded the Arnold Newman New Portraiture Award. He was nominated for both the Deutsche Borse and Prix Pictet photography awards for 'Cairo Divided', a freely-distributed publication. Exhibitions include the Brighton Photo Biennial, Farnsworth Art Museum, Maine, and Flowers Gallery, London. Julian Rodriguez is currently head of the media department at Falmouth College, UK. He is also a nominator for the Prix Pictet for photo journalism and judges the Sony Impact Awards. He has written on Photography for the National Portrait Gallery, London; the British Journal of Photography; Photo District News and many other outlets. After graduating from the University of British Columbia, Mara Kardas-Nelson decided to pursue her latent dream of becoming a journalist, and has since been published in Canada, the U.S. and South Africa. Her interests are in health, the environment, women's rights and labour issues. Mara is also active with AIDS and public health organizations across North America and internationally.
- PublisherKehrer Verlag
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- Place of PublicationHeidelberg
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintKehrer Verlag
- Content Note48 illustrations
- Weight862 g
- Width240 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Photographer(s)Jason Larkin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.