Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionJack Arute was a fresh-faced 18-year-old just out of high school when he made his first trip to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. As a graduation present from his father, the two set out for the 1969 Indy 500. When he walked through the gates, it was everything he thought it would be: Gasoline Alley in front of him, and the yellow shirts blaring on their whistles to clear the way for the drivers passing through. He soaked it all in that day and took a hundred pictures. Arute realized that day just how special Indy was and how he wanted to somehow be a part of it. Arute eventually made that dream come true through his job as pit reporter for ABC Sports. From his initial fear of approaching A.J. Foyt in the garage as a cub reporter to watching Danica Patrick rewrite the role of women in motorsports when she became the first woman to lead a lap in the 89th running of the race and beyond, Jackie has seen it all. He w relates all of his greatest, funniest, and most meaningful stories in Tales from the Indy 500 .
- Author BiographyJack Arute has always been moving fast. He graduated from the University of Vermont with a degree in psychology and communications. He then went on to serve as a radio commentator for Motor Racing Network from 1972 until 1980. His success and dedication as an announcer is partially responsible for the post 1970s rise of motor racing in the northeastern US. When he's not busy on a telecast, Arute serves as President of the family owned Stafford Motor Speedway. He lives in Suffield, Connecticut. Jenna Fryer is a New Jersey native and graduate of West Virginia University. She has been covering on auto racing in 2000 and is now considered one of the Associated Press's best NASCAR reporters. She lives in Charlotte, North Carolina. As the only driver to win the Daytona 500, the Indianapolis 500, and the 24 Hours of Le Man, A. J. Foyt is a living legend in the world of racing. Over the course of his career he's won over 150 major races and 12 national titles. He has received recognition from multiple Halls of Fame and is currently the driving force behind the ABC Supply Racing Team. He lives in Houston, Texas.
- Author(s)Jack Arute
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Content Note25 b&w illustrations
- Weight445 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword byA. J. Foyt
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.