All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionReaders have the chance to meet the Pittsburgh Penguins, one of the wildest, wackiest, most wonderful sports franchises that ever waddled its way across North America. If Penguins fans are t shedding tears of sadness, they are crying for joy or simply laughing so hard they cant stop. No franchise has survived more near-death experiences than this one, which twice went bankrupt and many times escaped the threat of relocation. In 1975, things were so tough that players had their postgame oranges taken away. Nevertheless, they have persevered. Kwn across the league as lovable losers for its first 24 years, the team began the climb to the top in the 1990s, winning the Stanley Cup twice in that decade and once more in 2009. In Tales from the Pittsburgh Penguins Locker Room, sportswriter Joe Starkey takes fans inside the locker rooms, onto the team buses (including the one defenseman Bryan Bugsy Watson hijacked), and behind the personalities that have shaped Penguins hockey since 1967.
- Author BiographyJoe Starkey is an afternoon radio host on 93.7 The Fan (CBS Radio) in Pittsburgh and a columnist for the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. He worked the Penguins beat from 1997 to 2002 and continues to cover the team. He has followed stories ranging from Mario Lemieux's dramatic comeback to Sidney Crosby's dramatic arrival to the team's return to greatness in the 21st century. Starkey grew up in Buffalo, New York, attended graduate school at Duquesne University, and resides in Pittsburgh with his wife, Susan; stepson, Michael; and daughter, Mary Ann.
- Author(s)Joe Starkey
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication06/11/2013
- SubjectWinter Sports
- Series TitleTales from the Team
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine140 mm
- Foreword byMike Lange
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.