All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA captivating collection of original science fiction and fantasy stories based on the same alternate world premise: a collection of documents that have been suppressed by the Vatican and hidden away for years, in some cases centuries, are revealed when the vaults are thrown open by a reforming pope. In this alternate reality, Pope John Paul (I) does t die a month after his accession in 1978; instead he lives on for over 30 years to become the most reforming pope of all time. In addition to relaxing the rules on birth control and priestly celibacy he also opens up the most secret parts of the Vatican Library to scholars ...In the Vatican's deepest vaults, documents are discovered which shed new light on world history, containing information which, if true, would cause many parts of accepted history to have to be rewritten. These include t just the undercover involvement of the Catholic Church in world affairs, but documented accounts of what really happened in historical conundrums, the real lives of saints and popes, miracles, magic, angels and even alien encounters.
- Author BiographyDavid V. Barrett is a British sociologist specialising in alternative religions and esoteric belief and history. He has contributed to, amongst others, the Independent, Fortean Times, New Scientist, New Statesman and the Catholic Herald. He edited Vector, the critical journal of the British Science Fiction Association, for four years, chaired the Arthur C. Clarke Award for three years and has contributed to several encyclopaedias of SF and fantasy. Many of his twenty-plus books have been on religious and esoteric movements, beliefs and practices, including The New Believers, A Brief History of Secret Societies and A Brief Guide to Secret Religions. His most recent book, The Fragmentation of a Sect, is based on his 2009 PhD thesis from the London School of Economics. He also co-runs the London Fortean Society, for lovers of the weird and wonderful.
- Author(s)David V. Barrett
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication06/08/2015
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteno plate section/illustrations
- Weight396 g
- Width132 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.78Trending at AU $74.67
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.92Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $10.85Trending at AU $16.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.