All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionOne hundred of boxing's greatest -- but underrated and forgotten -- classics are relived in a vivid and highly descriptive collection. Boxing history's best brawls, shootouts, wars of attrition, sudden endings, controversies, upsets, comebacks and grudge matches are laid out over 10 chapters consisting of 10 fights each. Every match includes historical context, detailed fight action, strategic analysis, epilogues and official CompuBox punch counts, many of which will be seen for the very first time. Many of boxing's greatest champions are included yet one chapter is entirely devoted to pulsating undercard contests that rival the stars in terms of action and drama. This is a book that can be taken either in gulps or nibbles, for each fight is an entity unto itself. Whether you are a general sports fan who seeks to kw more about The Sweet Science or a devotee of boxing history, this book by award-winning boxing writer Lee Groves is for you.
- Author BiographyLee Groves is a longtime boxing fan who has been fortunate enough to turn his passion into his profession. The winner of two Boxing Writers Association of America awards, Groves wrote feature articles for Ring and KO magazines during the late 1980s and early 1990s and for MaxBoxing.com from 2005-2010. He has one of the largest private boxing video collections on earth, is an elector for the International Boxing Hall of Fame and the World Boxing Hall of Fame and is a member of ratings panels for Yahoo Sports and Ring Magazine. Groves recently joined the staff of BoxingScene.com and works as a writer, researcher and punch-counter for CompuBox, Inc. He currently lives in his hometown of Friendly, W.Va.
- Author(s)Lee Groves
- Date of Publication05/05/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1256 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.