All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionTales from the Wisconsin Badgers Sideline weaves together a series of anecdotes, personal recollections and research to give readers a taste of just a few of the stories that make Badger football so interesting. There are the Heisman trophies hard earned by running backs Alan Ameche and Ron Dayne, the tumult of a 23-game winless streak broken with a victory over archrival Iowa in 1969, the bizarre tale of Kangaroo Kicker Pat O'Dea, the mysterious discovery of a long-forgotten trophy of one of college football's longest rivalries in a Camp Randall storeroom nearly 50 years after its disappearance, and the Badgers' ascendance to greatness under coach Barry Alvarez. Though author Justin Doherty, who has been with the University of Wisconsin athletic communications office since 1994, touches on the entire history of the Badger football program, much of the book focuses on the highly successful Alvarez era. Personal interviews with more than two dozen players, coaches and staff members who have been with the program at one time or ather since 1990 have spawned a collection of humorous, poignant and memorable stories about Wisconsin football's greatest years. The names are familiar to Badgers fans-Pat Richter, Ron Dayne, Milt Bruhn, Troy Vincent, Mike Webster, Darrell Bevell, and the twin backfield threats of Brent Moss and Terrell Fletcher. Their vivid stories, and many more, come to life in Tales from the Wisconsin Badgers Sideline , providing an historic roadmap leading from football's 19th century infancy in Madison to this Saturday's coin toss.
- Author BiographyJustin Doherty is the Associate Athletic Director for External Relations at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. He has been deeply involved in the Badgers athletic program since arriving at the University of Wisconsin in 1994. In addition to his work at UW, Doherty is an accomplished writer, nine of his works have received awards from the College Sports Information Directors of America. He lives in Madison, WI.
- Author(s)Justin Doherty
- PublisherSports Publishing LLC
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSports Publishing LLC
- Content Note30 illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width210 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.