All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of Poe's work contains some of the most exciting and haunting stories ever written. They range from the poetic to the mysterious to the darkly comic, yet all possess the genius for the grotesque that defines Poe's writing. They are peopled with neurotics and social outcasts, obsessed with nameless terrors or preoccupied with seemingly unsolvable mysteries. 'The Tell-Tale Heart' and 'The Fall of the House of Usher' are key works in the horror can, while in the 'The Murders in the Rue Morgue' and 'The Mystery of Marie Roget' we find the origins of modern detective fiction. Collectively, these tales represent the best of Edgar Allan Poe's prose work before his premature death in 1849. This beautiful Macmillan Collector's Library edition of Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery and Imagination feature With an afterword by Jonty Claypole. Designed to appeal to the booklover, the Macmillan Collector's Library is a series of beautiful gift editions of much loved classic titles. Macmillan Collector's Library are books to love and treasure.
- Author BiographyEdgar Allan Poe was born in Boston in 1809. Orphaned by the age of three, he was raised by John Allan, a prosperous Virginian merchant. Poe published his first volume of poetry while still a teenager. He worked as an editor for magazines in Philadelphia, Richmond and New York, and was a respected literary critic. In 1836 he married his thirteen year-old cousin, Virginia Clemm, whose illness and early death in 1847 is believed to have inspired much of her husband's work. It was only with the publication of his poem 'The Raven' in 1845 that Poe achieved national fame as a writer He died suddenly and mysteriously in 1849, aged just forty.
- Author(s)Edgar Allan Poe
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Series TitleMacmillan Collector's Library
- Series Part/Volume Number74
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Collector's Library
- Weight249 g
- Width103 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementNew Edition
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.