All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $96.21
About this product
- DescriptionTales Of Ordinary Sadness is the debut collection of poems and shorts from new poet Kirkland and is brimming with outrageous tales of sex, death, drugs, murder and celebrity obsession all taking place within a hermetically sealed council estate world near you. Brave a ferocious world of thuggish teenagers, single mothers, psychotic stalkers, sy neighbours and real human drama as observed by Kirkland himself in a witty, razor-sharp style. There are poems autobiographical and fictional, poems about Glasgow, poems dedicated to friends and enemies alike, cut glass spiteful and affectionate observations written with tongue firmly in cheek. Collected here for the first time are Kirkland's narrative poems, mologues, raps and short stories plus a dazzling array of social satires that cross between the ordinary and the positively surreal. Kirkland is twenty-four and trained as a journalist in Glasgow and he spends his time performing his work live and writing reports for subversive pop site PopJustice.com. To fund his performance poetry, Kirkland worked by selling 'smoking paraphernalia', fireworks and fancy dress to Glasgow's trendy (and t so trendy) West End. Kirkland is currently planning a spoken word tour in Britain's most grimy bars.
- Publisherarima publishing
- Date of Publication15/02/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationSuffolk
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Imprintarima publishing
- Weight300 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.