All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionTalk radio can be one of the most effective ways of promoting a new book, business, product, or personal story. It's fast, it's easy, and, for the most part, it's free. But for all of talk radio's benefits, there is one significant challenge facing prospective talk radio guests: trying to get on the show. While smaller, terrestrial radio stations are more likely to accept and respond to guests' requests, these stations are also far more likely to have websites that are poorly designed or infrequently maintained. More often than t, these sites contain little information regarding guest criteria or procedures, and many don't even specify whether or t the show welcomes guests at all.This book seeks to bridge the gap between show hosts and prospective guests, providing a reference guide to roughly 700 talk radio shows from the U.S. and around the world. Based on interviews and submissions from the radio hosts themselves, it provides readers with all of the information they will need before contacting a talk radio program, including show titles, descriptions, themes, guest criteria, hosts' biographies, host-preferred contact information, and helpful tips on how to best pitch your ideas to the shows' hosts or producers. Entries are organized under categories of show themes, including Religion, Travel, Addiction and Recovery, Sports, Entertainment, and many more. The book also includes information on many of Talkers Magazine's Top 250 Radio Talk Shows, interview tips for radio guests, and tips for conducting a radio interview over the phone.
- Author BiographyFrancine Silverman is a publicist and radio host. She lives in Riverdale, New York.
- Author(s)Francine Silverman
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/04/2009
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight567 g
- Width175 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.