All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionPhone-in programmes on public and commercial radio channels have been a staple of popular Hong Kong politics since the 1990s. In the absence of a fully democratic system, they have played an influential role in channeling and mediating public opinion. This work examines the phemen of talk radio in Hong Kong, using as its analytical framework the idea of re-mediation. It argues that the circulation and re-circulation of talk radio content through the mainstream media is crucial in explaining the medium's social prominence and influence. The process has t only widened the dissemination of talk radio content, but has also established talk radio as a channel for free political expression, giving it a role in shaping serious debate t seen in many other societies. Drawing on interviews with radio personnel, analysis of radio and newspaper content, and audience surveys, Talk Radio explores the vital and influential world of Hong Kong's phone-in programmes. The book will be of interest to scholars of politics, media studies, and cultural studies both in Hong Kong and overseas.
- Author BiographyFrancis L. F. Lee is associate professor and Head of Graduate Division at the School of Journalism and Communication, The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Francis L. F. Lee
- PublisherHong Kong University Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2014
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintHong Kong University Press
- Content Note9 b&w
- Weight436 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.