All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.16Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionTwentysomething Kate Davis can't seem to get this grieving-widow thing right. She's supposed to put on a brave face and get on with her life, right? Instead she's camped out on her living room floor, unwashed, unkempt, and unable to sleep-because her husband Kevin keeps talking to her.Is she losing her mind?Kate's attempts to find the source of the voice she hears are both humorous and humiliating, as she turns first to an eclectically spiritual counselor, then a shrink with a bad toupee, a mean-spirited exorcist, and finally group therapy. There she meets Jack, the warmhearted, unconventional pastor of a ramshackle church, and at last the voice subsides. But when she stumbles upon a secret Kevin was keeping, Kate's fragile hold on the present threatens to implode under the weight of the past . . . and Kevin begins to shout.Will the voice ever stop? Kate must confront her grief to find the grace to go on, in this tender, quirky story about second chances.
- Author BiographyBonnie Grove developed and wrote social programs for families at risk before landing her first publishing deal for Your Best You: Discovering and Developing the Strengths God Gave You. Talking to the Dead is her first novel. Grove and her pastor husband, Steve, have two children; they live in Saskatchewan.
- Author(s)Bonnie Grove
- PublisherDavid C Cook Publishing Company
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationColorado Springs, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDavid C Cook Publishing Company
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width145 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.