All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGrounded in current best practices, this book offers flexible, readily applicable guidelines for assessing and working with college drinkers. Provided is a wealth of practical advice on interacting with students in a range of contexts, from brief conversations in medical settings to motivational counseling sessions and group interventions. Also described are effective ways to weave alcohol prevention and intervention services into the fabric of campus life. Over a dozen appendices feature reproducible assessment instruments and other indispensable tools, in a large-size format for ease of photocopying and use. For optimal utility, supplemental materials for use in workshops, seminars, and other educational and training events are available online as PowerPoint slides (www.guilford.com/walters2).
- Author BiographyScott T. Walters, PhD, is Assistant Professor of Behavioral Sciences, University of Texas School of Public Health. John S. Baer, PhD, is Research Associate Professor of Psychology, University of Washington in Seattle, and Associate Director for Training and Education, Center of Excellence for Substance Abuse Treatment and Education, VA Puget Sound Health Care System.
- Author(s)John S. Baer,Scott T. Walters
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication17/11/2005
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width203 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.