All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn indispensable guide to dealing with challenging, childish boss behavior and building a great career, with laugh- out-loud humor built in. Based on extensive interviews among workers, managers and psychologists, Tame Your Terrible Office Tyrant(TM) draws hilarious but true parallels between toddlers and managers. When under stress, both often have trouble moderating their power, or lose the ability to think rationally. Traits in common include tantrum-throwing, demanding, stubborn, moody, fickle, self-centered, needy and whiny behavior. BADD (Boss Attention Deficit Disorder) is discussed as part of Short Attention Spans. There are 20 chapter traits in all, divided into Bratty and Little Lost Lamb categories, for easy reference, including real anecdotes and many useful tips. When bad bosses run amok in companies, body wins. This book shows readers how to build positive relationships with even the most out-of-control boss, and still thrive in your job. The key to success lies in dealing with a Terrible Office Tyrant (or TOT(TM)) much like a parent deals with a troublesome toddler. With true stories and time-tested solutions, this is the perfect guide managing a boss stuck in his Terrible Twos. Taylor takes you behind all the bossy blustering, so that you can focus on getting ahead - and achieve career excellence. Savvy top management will also gain insight on what n ot to do with their team. They kw that Terrible Office Tyrant (TOT) managers may t be in plain sight (they don't leave juice stains on the hallway carpet!) But they do wreak havoc on the bottom line. A special section helps senior management and Human Resource departments mitigate TOT behavior for a more productive workplace.
- Author BiographyLynn Taylor is a leading expert and spokesperson on career, hiring, and workplace issues, as well as an advisor and consultant to job seekers and executives. She is the founder of Lynn Taylor Consulting, where she focuses on employment, motivation, and related management issues, offering seminars and interactive workshops on these subjects. For more information, visit TameYourTOT.com.
- Author(s)Lynn Taylor
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2009
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width142 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine27 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.68Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.