All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe most widely translated work in world literature after the Bible, Tao Te Ching or the Book of the Way is the classic text of Taoism, the ancient Chinese school of thought. Believed to be written by Lao-Tzu, the father of Taoism, Tao Te Ching applies timeless wisdoms on themes as diverse as statesmanship, ecology and love, and aims to give readers a serene and generous spirit. Stephen Mitchell's acclaimed new translation of the book's 81 homilies reveals as never before the gem-like lucidity and the pure poetry of this manual of the art of living from China of fourth century BC.
- Author BiographyLao-Tzu is believed to be a contemporary of Confucius (551-479 BC). Stephen Mitchell is a poet, translator, scholar, and anthologist based in Berkeley, California. He is widely known for his translations and adaptations of ancient and modern classics of poetry and wisdom, including Bhagavad Gita, Gilgamesh, The Book of Job and the works of Rilke.
- PublisherKyle Books
- Date of Publication19/05/2011
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintKyle Books
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Translated byStephen Mitchell
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.55Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.