Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.03+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by greatpricedeals
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an attempt, one that springs from a wish to make a more understandable and readable Tao Te Ching. Having read several different translations and lived with them for a long period of time, the author bestowed upon himself the authority to pick and choose, so to speak, phrases and sections of one translation of a particular chapter and put the individual parts together with others. At times words and phrases were changed by the author into his own words, and at times a whole chapter translation was kept as a whole. He considers himself the selector and editor of the whole work. He did his best to maintain the paradoxical nature of many chapters so as t to rewrite Lao Tzu. You will find that all the beauty, mystery, and force have in way been tampered with. Each chapter is a full work and stands on its own. The only barrier that may remain in keeping the reader from understanding the work is the reader's own inability to let himself go and to think in new and different ways. Let there be mistake about it. Lao Tzu is profound. Some people may read this book and find sense in it. They may always miss the point. But the Tao Te Ching, it must be understood, is t for everybody. As Lao Tzu himself suggests, some people will get thing more than a good laugh out of reading many of these passages. Thus, it will always be so for the sage author of a work that goes way beyond the average. So take your time, allow distractions, and consume.
- Author(s)Robert W Dunne
- Date of Publication01/02/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight367 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.