All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores ways in which educational leaders can apply the wisdom of the Tao in their day-to-day work in schools. It offers an alternative to the standard ways of western thinking to give the leader more possibilities when confronting a situation. We tend to value immediate and decisive action, winning, directing, and getting one's way. Taoist Lessons for Educational Leaders offers ather way of approaching the workplace. We can also value waiting and reflection before acting, seeing all participants as winners or at least one as a loser, following as a form of leadership, and giving away some victories, as beneficial to the governance of a school. There is more than one way to win and more than one way assert one's authority, as illustrated by this book.
- Author BiographyDaniel Heller has had a thirty-year career in education including positions as an English teacher, English department head, principal at the elementary, middle, and high school levels, and district curriculum coordinator. He has published a number of books and articles on educational topics such as leadership, instructional supervision, and curriculum.
- Author(s)Daniel Heller
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight163 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.