All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.86
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionWhen he was younger, Matthew Polly travelled to the Shaolin Temple in China and spent two years training with the order of monks who had invented the ancient art of kung fu. Fifteen years later, his weakness for Chinese takeout and Jack Daniel's had taken its toll. Now firmly into middle age and far removed from his past athletic triumphs, Polly decided to risk it all one last time. Out of shape and over the hill, he jumped headlong into the world of MMA. Polly chronicles his gruelling yet redeeming two-year journey through an oft misunderstood sport.
- Author BiographyMatthew Polly is an award-winning travel writer for Slate. A Princeton University graduate and Rhodes Scholar, Polly has also written for <i>Esquire</i>, <i>Playboy</i>, and <i>The Nation</i>. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)Matthew Polly
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGotham Books
- Content Noteblack & white plates
- Weight257 g
- Width135 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.