All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough today the largest religious demination in the United States, until the 1960s the Roman Catholic Church represented less than 1% of North Carolina's population. Tar Heel Catholics recounts the story of the Catholic Church in what was long called mission territory on the doorstep of a rapidly developing American Catholic institutional presence. The explanation of this phemen lies in the history of the Deep South itself, including slavery, segregation, and the overwhelming religious dominance of the Baptist church.
- Author BiographyWilliam F. Powers was Professor of Sociology at Suffolk Community College until his retirement in 1999.
- Author(s)William F. Powers
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/10/2003
- SubjectChristian History & Denominations
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight685 g
- Width147 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.