All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis study analyzes the use of airpower against enemy ground forces. Maj Scott G.Walker assesses current doctrinal definitions of the close air support and interdictionmissions as seen by the Air Force and Army, comparing and contrasting the two. Inchapter 2 Major Walker examines a typical modern field army, analyzing the variousparts of combat and support forces for criticality and vulnerability to air attack.Chapter 3 examines the desired operational effects and tactical results. Thisexamination includes the questions of enemy actions, congruence with overallstrategy, and the tactical problem of finding, identifying, striking, and assessingdamage to the target. Operational level combat assessment is also discussed. Inchapter 4 Major Walker examines the historical development of combined armswarfare and current Army doctrine regarding forms of maneuver, attack, anddefense, highlighting areas where a particular ground scheme of maneuver is bestsupported by a particular air mission, or by air attack on a specific target set.Chapter 5 briefly reviews four case studies in attack aviation, ranging from WorldWar One to the Vietnam War. The final chapter is a recap of the top-to-bottomanalysis process, including a graphic depiction of the author's counterland analysisframework. The themes that recur throughout are the need for planning to remainflexible, using the speed and firepower of air attack to concentrate force whereneeded, and the requirement for good operational and tactical intelligence.
- Author(s)Scott G Walker
- Date of Publication21/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight172 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.