All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPies and tarts are the ultimate comfort food. Whether sweet or savoury, elegant or hearty, they are great for relaxed entertaining, family get-togethers and even weekday suppers. In this irresistible book Eric Lanlard, AKA Cake Boy, demonstrates how to make the best pastry and shares his favourite recipes for sweet and savoury tarts and pies. His recipes include classics with a twist plus ideas inspired by his travels, using deliciously imaginative flavour combinations. In the first part of the book, Pastry Basics, Eric shares his professional expertise and provides step-by-step instructions for making every type of pastry - shortcrust (sweet and savoury), puff, almond, chocolate and brioche. There is a wealth of helpful baking hints to ensure a great bake every time.Savoury Tarts & Pies features such classics as a 'Proper' Quiche Lorraine and a Cider and Pork Pie plus attention-grabbing treats including Fig, Lardon and Dolce Latte Tart and Lamb and Moroccan Spice Pie. The chapter ends with a selection of quick bakes using ready-roll pastry (for when time is short) and a delicious collection of accompaniments including salsas, chutneys and vegetable side dishes.Sweet Tarts & Pies will bring some of Eric's trademark glamour to the dessert course - including a Strawberry Tart 'Royal', Exotic Fruit Meringue Crumble Pie and an Apricot, Honey and Pistachio Tart. Sweet pies include an Old-fashioned Apple Pie, Ginger Pear Frangipane Pie and a Classic Blueberry Pie. Once again there is a selection of quick bakes for desserts in a dash and a choice of accompaniments, including flavoured creams, spiced fruits and the perfect Creme Anglais.With foolproof recipes for tarts and pies that look and taste great, this wonderful book is a great way to bring some of Eric's culinary magic into your kitchen every time you bake.
- Author BiographyEric Lanlard is a master patissier. He has changed the face of British patisserie, earning himself a reputation for awe-inspiring cakes and a celebrity clientele. He has been twice winner of Continental Patissier of the Year and with numerous TV appearances, he is fast becoming a celebrity himself. His tv appearances include Masterchef: The Professionals, Mary Queen of Shops, Great British Bake Off and two series of Channel 4's Baking Mad with Eric Lanlard. Aware that there was a demand for inspirational cakes created on a bespoke basis, Eric launched Savoir Design in 2000, taking direct commissions for Cake Boy, his cake emporium and cookery school.
- Author(s)Eric Lanlard
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Content NoteFull colour photography throughout
- Weight895 g
- Width198 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.74
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $70.33Trending at AU $77.45
- AU $74.05Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.