All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionTasks in Primary Mathematics Teacher Education is intended to advance relevant research and invative international practices in the preparation and professional development of mathematics teachers. Emerging from discussion at the ICMI study on teacher professional development, this volume, focused on primary and elementary teachers, culls a richness that can only be found by gathering wisdom from varied experiences around the world. The choice of tasks, and the associated pedagogies, is a key aspect of teaching and learning mathematics. Arguing that what students learn is largely defined by the tasks they are given, several major themes are presented. One such major strand, the form, function and focus of tasks, is discussed throughout several chapters, offering analysis, discussion of implementation, and exemplars of a broader category of illustrative techniques for developing critical understanding.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/11/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleMathematics Teacher Education
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1390 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byBarbara Clarke,Barbro Grevholm,Richard Millman
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.