All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $43.67Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $21.54Trending at AU $28.01
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $34.88
About this product
- DescriptionPerhaps to best understand the Tasman Series is to consider the importance that it held to the F1 teams of the day, best represented in the 1968 season, when Cosworth produced a special Tasman variant of its legendary DFV V8, kwn as the DFW, and the BRM arrived 'down under', with a reduced capacity version of its F1 V12 in its current car. In 1970 the Tasman Series adopted F5000 specification cars, and for six years the booming Chevy-powered races ruled the raceways on both sides of the 'ditch' with Brown, Hailwood, Goth, Simpson, Posey, Guthrie, Williams, Bartlett, Allen, Max Stewart, McRae, Lawrence, Matich, Walker, Oxton, Smith and more, providing the fans with even more wonderful memories in machines that were imported and home grown. 'Tasman Cup- 1964-1975' remembers those incredible days of yesteryear using 'first person' recollections from the drivers of the day, rare photographs, artwork, and memorabilia, much of which has t been seen prior to this sumptuous production. It is the ultimate Full Throttle trip down memory lane as remembered by the gladiators who made it an ultimate spectacle!.
- PublisherFull Throttle Publishing
- Date of Publication15/08/2015
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationSydney, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintFull Throttle Publishing
Most relevant reviews
- 2046aus22 Jun, 2017by
A great era
This book is worth buying for the photography content alone and shows just what we are missing in the current supercar biased era.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.