All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInfluenced by neighbouring cuisines such as Greek, Persian, and even Chinese, Turkish cuisine is uncomplicated yet rich in flavour. Home cooks will enjoy diverse offerings, from the more widely-kwn dishes like kebabs, baklava, and Turkish coffee, to the lesser-kwn Zeytinyagli Yer Elmasi (Jerusalem Artichokes with Vegetables), or Zebzeli Tavuklu Pilav (Chicken, Green Beans, and Rice with Saffron). There are several recipes for yogurt and yogurt-based sauces, one of Turkey's most important contributions to international cuisine. With over 180 recipes, A Taste of Turkish Cuisine incorporates fresh and healthful ingredients into delicious appetisers (mezes), soups, salads, entrees, breads, pilafs, vegetable dishes, preserves, yogurts and desserts. This cookbook also includes a brief history of Turkish cuisine, and guides to commonly used ingredients and Turkish cooking terms.
- Author BiographyNur Ilkin, wife of the former Ambassador of Turkey to the United States, has lived in Ahtens, Moscow, London, Islamabad, Copenhagen, and Washington, D.C. She now resides in New York. Sheilah Kaufman is a cooking instructor, food writer, and author of twenty-four cookbooks, including Sephardic Israeli Cuisine (2013), also published by Hippocrene Books. She resides in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Author(s)Nur Ilkin,Sheilah Kaufman
- PublisherHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/11/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHippocrene Books Inc.,U.S.
- Content Noteillus
- Weight408 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $72.68
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $98.73
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.33
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.03
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.46
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.03
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.