All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
About this product
- DescriptionAnthropologists tell us that it all began in Africa. And just as Africa has given to the world, so too it has taken from it - a pattern reflected in the way its people eat. In Tastes of Africa , Justice Kamanga takes the reader on a gastromic safari, exploring the tastes and textures of indigeus African cuisine, as well as dishes that have been influenced or introduced by foreign settlers to the continent from Asia, Europe and the Middle East. Simple in the choice of ingredients and easy to prepare, both traditional and fusion African cooking are nevertheless as intriguing in the subtle blends of flavours, colours and tantalizing aromas as the lands from which they come, where they have formed delicious and different staples for hundreds - and in some cases thousands - of years. In order for the home cook to organise his or her own African-themed lunch or dinner, the recipes in Tastes of Africa have been traditionally grouped, including starters, fish, meat, vegetarian, side dishes, desserts and breads, and are accompanied by authentically styled, full-colour photography.
- Author BiographyJustice Kamanga was born in Malawi. After completing high school in Blantyre, he attended the School of Catering in Malawi and was thereafter appointed head chef for the US Embassy in Lilongwe. He later moved to South Africa and was employed as the head chef for the Italian Embassy in South Africa, both in Pretoria and Cape Town. During this time he also attended the Cooking School of the Pretoria Technikon. Since 1996 Justice has worked as a chef in private homes. Currently based in Cape Town, he is married and has five sons.
- Author(s)Justice Kamanga
- PublisherStruik Publishers (Pty) Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintStruik Lifestyle
- Content Note70 full colour photographs
- Weight1050 g
- Width230 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.