Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $19.94Trending at AU $23.06
About this product
- DescriptionA mysterious letter brings Lizzy Stewart back to her childhood home, one that was written twenty-five years ago. It's a call for help from John Craig, a close childhood friend. All these years she's believed that he took his own life, but the letter tells a different story. In her search for the truth, Lizzy packs up the secrets she's clung to far too long and returns to her grandparents' deserted, ramshackle farm on Central Oregon's High Desert. But life on the farm challenges her emotional and physical wellbeing. As she attempts to pull together the remnants of her tattered life and solve the puzzle of John's death, she's plagued by bittersweet memories and unsettling threats. And by Sam Craig, John's older brother and her closest neighbor. Sam Craig has his own problems, all of them sparked by Lizzy's return after a twenty-five year hiatus. From the moment she rises out of the dark corner in the dreary farmhouse, he's hounded by unsettling memories he's tried hard to forget and by the all too familiar hold she has on him. He wants Lizzy gone and his humdrum life back. As he tries to figure out why she's returned and convince her to let him keep his cattle on her land, he realizes that he's the only person who's t privy to the frayed web of life-altering secrets and lies lurking about. There are strange goings-on around the Stewart farm, and Sam is determined to get to the bottom of them. Soon it becomes apparent that he has a bigger problem: if Lizzy doesn't leave the farm, she just might end up dead. Tattered Lace was selected as one of four finalists in the General Fiction/Novel category in the 2013 Next Generation Indie Book Awards and an Horable Mention award in the Southern California Book Festival.
- Author BiographySuzanne Grant caught the writing bug during her growing-up years on Central Oregon's High Desert. Her life revolved around a wealth of local kinfolk, small town life, music, and horses. At an early age, she grew to appreciate her native state's natural beauty and unique culture and the many mysteries peppered throughout its history. Adulthood found her living in the Willamette Valley, where she raised two sons and pursued a career in education. As a reading and writing teacher, she helped others enjoy the magic of words. Now she's immersed in that magic as she pursues one of her greatest loves-writing novels. Tattered Lace is Suzanne's second published novel. Her first, Blue Bucket, is available in paperback and kindle at amazon.com.
- Author(s)Suzanne Grant
- PublisherSuzanne Grant
- Date of Publication12/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSuzanne Grant
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.