All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of the Reverend Henry Williams, beginning the day he arrived in New Zealand in 1823, a 30-year-old retired Navy lieutenant w a Church Missionary Society missionary. Through his private journals and letters he wrote to family and his superiors in England, Henry Williams tells his own story from his arrival in the Bay of Islands until the signing of the Treaty of Waitangi. This eye-witness account covers almost twenty years of Henry Williams's daily life - his trials and successes, travels with Maori, peacemaking actions, the relationships he built with Maori and his involvement in the Treaty of Waitangi.
- Author BiographyCaroline Fitzgerald is the great-great-granddaughter of Henry Williams and editor of the successful Letters from the Bay of Islands: The Story of Marianne Williams. Caroline has worked in journalism and media and taught English. She has an MA in life writing from the University of East Anglia, England.
- Author(s)Caroline Fitzgerald,Henry Williams
- PublisherHuia Publishers
- Date of Publication04/02/2011
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationWellington
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintHuia Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations (chiefly col.), col. maps
- Weight525 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.