All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCamellia sinensis, commonly kwn as tea, is grown in tea gardens and estates around the world. Recently scientists have called for an increase in tea drinking following the results of new research. More than ten years worth of data found that drinking four cups or more a day of tea could be more beneficial than drinking water. Tea: The Drink that Changed the World tells of the rich legends and history surrounding this favourite drink of the British public and it's spread throughout Asia and the West, as well as its rise to the status of necessity in kitchens around the world. Answering every question you have about tea and its history - and some you may t even have considered. Who discovered tea? Where does tea come from? How is it processed into the wide variety of flavours many of us drink every day? Why and how did tea become so intertwined with religious traditions? How did different cultures adapt tea to their own circumstances-from Russia's homemade blends to Tibet's addition of Yak butter? Just how does one brew a perfect cup of tea?
- Author BiographyAuthor, illustrator, and storyteller Laura C. Martin has written over twenty books, and is the garden editor for both Atlanta Homes and Lifestyles Magazine and Georgia Magazine. She lives in Atlanta, GA.
- Author(s)Laura Martin
- PublisherTuttle Publishing
- Date of Publication31/05/2007
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTuttle Publishing
- Content Noteb&w
- Weight354 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $31.69Trending at AU $33.69
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.