All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho would t want to sit down with Jane Austen and join her in a cup of tea? Here for the first time is a book that shares the secrets of one of her favorite rituals. Tea figures prominently in Jane Austen's life and work. At the centre of almost every social situation in her vels one finds tea. In Emma, does Miss Bates drink coffee? Of course t: 'No coffee, I thank you, for me-never take coffee.-A little tea if you please.' In Pride and Prejudice, what is one of the supreme hours Mr. Collins can envision Lady Catherine bestowing on Elizabeth Bennet and her friends? Why, drinking tea with her, naturally. Tea with Jane Austen begins with tea drinking in the morning and ends with tea in the evening, at balls and other gatherings. Each chapter includes a description of how tea was taken at a particular place or time of day, along with history, recipes, excerpts from Austen's vels and letters and illustrations from the time.
- Author BiographyKIM WILSON is a writer, editor, and gardener who lives in Waukesha, Wisconsin, and is a longtime member of the Jane Austen Society of North America. Her other title for Frances Lincoln is In the Garden with Jane Austen (9780711225947).
- Author(s)Kim Wilson
- PublisherFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2011
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFrances Lincoln Publishers Ltd
- Content Note40 colour and 45 b/w illustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width165 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Foreword byTom Carpenter
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.