Teach Me with Pictures: 40 Fun Picture Scripts to Develop Play and Communication Skills in Children on the Autism Spectrum by Ruth Harris, Simone Griffin, Linda Hodgdon (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.68Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by thebooksaver
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn easy-to-use resource for professionals and parents, this book provides fun and practical ideas to help motivate and extend communication and play skills in children with autism with the support of pictures. The book describes how picture scripts can help facilitate play and learning and provides 40 photocopiable scripts across a range of different activities such as drawing, cooking, using construction toys, imaginative play, arts and crafts, and life skills. Tasks are presented in small manageable step-by-step picture sequences and support a range of skills including following instructions, increasing independence, comprehension, story-telling and choice-making. Readers can print copies of the scripts from the online downloadable content that accompanies the book. Ideal for special education teachers, early years practitioners, speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, and parents, this will be an excellent tool for any classroom, home or therapy setting.
- Author BiographySimone Griffin is a speech and language therapist and has worked with children with speech, language and communication impairments for the past 12 years in Australia, UK and Canada. She has worked in school, hospital and clinic settings, as well as running her own independent speech therapy practice in Toronto, Canada. She is co-author of Motivate to Communicate: 300 Games and Activities for Your Child with Autism also published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. Ruth Harris is a specialist speech and language therapist working in the UK with children and adolescents with autism and learning disabilities. She is currently based in a multi-disciplinary CAMHS team, and has also worked extensively in schools and early years settings. Linda Hodgdon, M.Ed., CCC-SLP is a Speech-Language Pathologist who is internationally known as a pioneer in developing the use of visual strategies to support communication for students with the communication, behavior or social skill challenges that are common in Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD). Linda is the author of the international best-seller, Visual Strategies for Improving Communication: Practical Supports for Autism Spectrum Disorders. She lives in Troy, Michigan.
- Author(s)Linda Hodgdon,Ruth Harris,Simone Griffin
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/07/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note350 black and white
- Weight517 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ralph Butler
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.