All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the forefront of research on English language teacher education and professional development, this volume presents new empirical research situated in different contexts around the world, including Canada, Denmark, Israel, Japan, Korea, Qatar, Sudan, and the U.S. It is framed by the volume editors' insightful overview and analyses of previous and ongoing work in a variety of related domains and an epilogue by David Nunan. The chapter studies are organized around three themes: teacher identity in ESL/EFL teacher education and professional development programs, second language teacher education programs for diverse contexts, and professional development for diverse contexts. All chapters focus on the applied nature of the research and include a section on implications. To provide balance and a range of views, the volume includes both chapters reporting on empirical research funded by TIRF grant recipients and several from invited authors who are senior scholars in the field. This is the third volume in the Global Research on Teaching and Learning English Series, co-published by Routledge and TIRF.
- Author BiographyJoAnn (Jodi) Crandall is Professor Emerita of Education at the University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA. She is a past president of TESOL International, WATESOL, and AAAL, and a founding and current member of the TIRF Board of Trustees. MaryAnn Christison is Professor, Department of Linguistics/Urban Institute for Teacher Education at the University of Utah, USA. She is a member of the TIRF Board of Trustees and a past president of TESOL International Association.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication22/02/2016
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleGlobal Research on Teaching and Learning English
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 30 black & white tables
- Weight444 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byJoann Crandall,MaryAnn Christison
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.