All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionOver the past two decades, numerous textbooks have been published on teacher leadership; however, this is the only volume that provides a definitive overview of the scholarship and writing being done in the field of teacher leadership. This book introduces the reader to the scholarship of over 35 authors, and thus, becomes an essential tool needed to guide any meaningful discussion of the changing roles and responsibilities of teachers. As an important component of revisioned teacher education programs and most current state standards for teacher licensure, teacher leadership is emerging as a central theme in all foundations of education classes. This book ackwledges the important role of teacher leadership in the reform of schools and discusses teacher leadership within the context of teachers' work. Organized around six key topics, the book explores the many facets of teacher leadership and examines the impact of teacher leadership on school culture, student learning, professional learning communities and 21st century schools. Additional references and website links are also provided. Teacher Leadership: The New Foundations of Teacher Education - a reader is intended for undergraduate and graduate education students.
- Author BiographyEleanor Blair Hilty is Associate Professor at Western Carolina University, Cullowhee, North Carolina. She has a PhD from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, and teaches graduate foundations of education courses to students in both the United States and Jamaica. Her research and writing focus on the many different dimensions of teachers' work. She currently resides in Cashiers, North Carolina.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2011
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number408
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note99, tables
- Weight750 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byEleanor Blair Hilty
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.