All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $36.19Trending at AU $38.17
About this product
- DescriptionWith an emphasis on science, techlogy, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) training, Teacher Learning in the Digital Age examines exemplary models of online and blended teacher professional development, including information on the structure and design of each model, intended audience, and existing research and evaluation data. From video-based courses to just-in-time curriculum support platforms and MOOCs for educators, the cutting-edge initiatives described in these chapters illustrate the broad range of invative programs that have emerged to support preservice and in-service teachers in formal and informal settings. As teacher development moves online, the editors argue, it's important to ask what works and what doesn't and for whom, They address these questions by gathering the feedback of many of the top researchers, developers, and providers working in the field today. Filled with abundant resources, Teacher Learning in the Digital Age reveals critical lessons and insights for designers, researchers, and educators in search of the most efficient and effective ways to leverage techlogy to support formal, as well as informal, teacher learning.
- Author BiographyChris Dede is the Timothy E. Wirth Professor in Learning Technologies and former chair of the Learning and Teaching department at the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE). Arthur Eisenkraft is the Distinguished Professor of Science Education and director of the Center of Science and Mathematics in Context (COSMIC) at the University of Massachusetts Boston, and a past president of the National Science Teachers Association. Kim Frumin is a doctoral student focusing on educational technology and new K-12 school designs at HGSE. Alex Hartley works in a kindergarten classroom helping design and implement engineering and STEM lessons.
- PublisherHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Educational Publishing Group
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAlex Hartley,Arthur Eisenkraft,Chris Dede,Kim Frumin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.