All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- Description'Tom Bennett is the voice of the modern teacher.' - Stephen Drew, Senior Vice-Principal, Passmores Academy, UK, featured on Channel 4's Educating Essex Do the findings from educational science ever really improve the day-to-day practice of classroom teachers? Education is awash with theories about how pupils best learn and teachers best teach, most often propped up with the inevitable research that 'proves' the case in point. But what can teachers do to find the proof within the pudding, and how can this actually help them on wet Wednesday afteron?. Drawing from a wide range of recent and popular education theories and strategies, Tom Bennett highlights how much of what we think we kw in schools hasn't been 'proven' in any meaningful sense at all. He inspires teachers to decide for themselves what good and bad education really is, empowering them as professionals and raising their confidence in the classroom and the staffroom alike. Readers are encouraged to question and reflect on issues such as: * the most common ideas in modern education and where these ideas were born * the crisis in research right w * how research is commissioned and used by the people who make policy in the UK and beyond * the provenance of education research: who instigates it, who writes it, and how to spot when a claim is based on evidence and when it isn't * the different way that data can be analysed * what happens to the research conclusions once they escape the laboratory. Controversial, erudite and yet unremittingly entertaining, Tom includes practical suggestions for the classroom throughout. This book will be an ally to every teacher who's been handed an instruction on a platter and been told, 'the research proves it.'
- Author BiographyTom Bennett has been a full time teacher since 2003, and the resident Behaviour Guru for the Times Educational Supplement since 2009. This is his fourth book.
- Author(s)Tom Bennett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.