All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the recent major school reform of Race to the Top, schools, teachers, and students are increasingly evaluated through high-stakes achievement test scores. In six concise chapters, Teacher and Student Evaluation explores the historical rise and modern landscape of accountability in American education, and the current models of teacher evaluation. The authors provide realistic and useful suggestions for responding to current accountability demands. The authors explore the methodological concerns and policy implications of using value-added and observational measures to make high-stakes decisions. After reaching the conclusion that these contemporary evaluation practices are flawed, Alyson Lavigne and Thomas Good offer possible solutions that inform current and future teacher evaluation. This book is a valuable resource for students of educational assessment as well as policy makers, administrators, and teachers who are currently building accountability plans. The book is written in an accessible but authoritative fashion that practitioners, policymakers, and scholars will find useful.
- Author BiographyAlyson Leah Lavigne is Assistant Professor of Curriculum Studies at Roosevelt University, US. Thomas L. Good is Professor and Head of Educational Psychology at the University of Arizona, US.
- Author(s)Alyson Leah Lavigne,Thomas L. Good
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/09/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white tables, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $21.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.