All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionTeach foreign language effectively with TEACHER'S HANDBOOK: CONTEXTUALIZED LANGUAGE INSTRUCTION! Designed to prepare you to teach foreign language, this fifth edition handbook incorporates the Standards for Foreign Language Learning in the 21st Century, recently refreshed as World-Readiness Standards for Learning Languages. It provides a practical framework for integrating the Five C's and ACTFL-NCSSFL Can-Do Statements into foreign language teaching, as well as case studies of beginning teachers as they learn to navigate the complexity of being on the other side of the desk. Mastering the material is easy with examples of communication in authentic settings, thoughtful case studies, extensive appendices, and a text-specific website with links to teacher resources and streaming video of standards-based instruction.
- Author BiographyEileen W. Glisan earned her Ph.D. in Applied Spanish Linguistics and Teaching Methodology from the University of Pittsburgh. She is Distinguished University Professor of Spanish and Foreign Language Education at Indiana University of Pennsylvania, where she is coordinator of the Spanish Education K-12 Program. She is the recipient of various awards, including the 2008 Nelson H. Brooks Award for Outstanding Leadership in the Profession by the Northeast Conference on the Teaching of Foreign Languages. She is past president of the American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL). Judith L. Shrum earned her Ph. D. from The Ohio State University and an M.A. in Latin American Studies from Indiana University in Bloomington, IN. She is professor emerita at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, where she directed the Second Language Teacher Education program for 31 years until her retirement in 2012. She was awarded the ACTFL-NYSAFLT Anthony Papalia Award for Excellence in Teacher Education in 2008. Currently, she is the coordinator for ACTFL to the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Author(s)Eileen W. Glisan,Judith L. Shrum
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication03/10/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight930 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.