All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $105.99Trending at AU $107.61
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.04
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
About this product
- DescriptionCurrent cultural and ecomic conditions can present a range of challenges to teachers, particularly when faced with the complex problems and needs of some students. Within this context, teachers must be able to meet students' educational and emotional needs, while ensuring their own personal survival. This guide uses research findings on teacher stress and 'burut' to provide support and encouragement to teachers. Suggestions offered include how to prioritize work, and how to recognize and tap administrative support.
- Author BiographyMary Zabolio McGrath taught in the Bloomington, MN, public schools for 31 years, working as a classroom teacher, a demonstration teacher with the Project Read program, and as a special education teacher in the areas of learning disabilities, behavior disorders, and developmental delay. She has served as national secretary for the Council for Behavior Disorders and on the board of the Minnesota Council for Exceptional Children. McGrath has written articles for educators, parents, caregivers, and the general public. In addition, she has authored/coauthored books on educational subjects. Currently McGrath works as a professional speaker, working with schools, parents, and organizations to reflect on and improve the quality of career relationships and life transitions. She is a member of the National Speakers Association and Toastmasters International. McGrath has a doctorate from the University of Minnesota in educational administration, with collateral work in organizational communication. She earned a master's degree in educational psychology.
- Author(s)Mary Zabolio McGrath
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/11/1995
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Out-of-print date03/06/2013
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.