Teaching Children About Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach by Estelle Weinstein, Efrem Rosem (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $309.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $69.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionTEACHING CHILDREN ABOUT HEALTH takes a case study approach and is written especially for the elementary classroom teacher. The goal of this text is to help teachers become more kwledgeable about and comfortable with health topics, to be more reflective in their practice of teaching about health, and better equipped with activities for incorporating health subjects into their curriculum. Each chapter considers health from a physical, social, and emotional perspective, ackwledging the mind-body connection. The authors include topics that are relevant in children's lives using a wellness/preventive health model. In addition, each chapter provides activities that can be integrated into several disciplines found in most elementary-school curricula. This text is meant to provide elementary school classroom teachers with the incentive and kwledge base they will need to include interdisciplinary lessons about the various health content areas in their daily teaching. It recognizes that since most elementary-school programs do t have separate health education experiences for students, and since these are the primary learning years, it is the responsibility of the classroom teacher to initiate learning about health.
- Author BiographyEstelle Weinstein and Efrem Rosen are both Wadsworth authors. Together they author Teaching Children About Health: A Multidisciplinary Approach, Second Edition. Combined, they have over 70 years teaching experience. Estelle Weinstein, Ph.D., earned a Bachelor of Science at C.U.N.Y at Brooklyn in Health & Physical Education. She received her Masters of Arts from Adelphi University for Community and School Health Education. She also received her Doctor of Philosophy at Hofstra University. Since 1980, Estelle has served as Chair of the Department of Health, Physical Education and Recreation at Hofstra University. Estelle has also received several awards including 'Distinguished Service Award for a Professional,' 'Outstanding Professional of the Year,' and 'Faculty of the Year, Hofstra University.' Estelle has written three books, numerous journal articles, resource reviews, and newsletters. Efrem Rosen, Ph.D. earned a Bachelor of Science at Brooklyn College in Biology. He received his Master of Science degree at Long Island University in Biology and his Ph.D. at Rutgers University in Zoology. He is Professor Emeritus of Biology and Coordinator of the Natural Sciences and Master of Arts in Human Sexuality programs at New College of Hofstra University, Hempstead, NY. Since 1966, Efrem has taught courses in Biology, Ecology, Animal Behavior and Human Sexuality. He is certified in Sex Education and Counseling by the American Association of Sex Educators, Counselors and Therapists (AASECT). He is a member of the Medical Advisory Committee of Planned Parenthood of Nassau County and a consultant for education and training in Human Sexuality. He has co-authored two books; one on Sexuality Counseling and the other on Teaching Children about Health, K-6. He also authored several articles on adolescent sexuality and AIDS, which have been presented at several national and state conferences.
- Author(s)Efrem Rosem,Estelle Weinstein
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication10/08/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight1230 g
- Width217 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.