All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on a series of recently conducted classroom workshops and live interviews with the authors, this inspiring book examines five popular children's authors: Philip Pullman, J.K. Rowling, Michael Morpurgo, Anthony Browne, Jacqueline Wilson and the genre of comic books. Four genres are explored in detail: the picture book, written narrative, film narrative and comic books. Teaching Children's Literature provides detailed literary kwledge about the chosen authors and genres alongside clear, structured guidelines and creative ideas to help teachers, student teachers and classroom assistants make some immensely popular children's books come alive in the classroom. This accessible and inspiring text for teachers, parents, student teachers and students of children's literature: * includes a variety of discussion, drama, writing and drawing activities, with ideas for Social and Emotional Aspects of Learning which can be used to plan a unit of work or series of interrelated lessons for pupils aged between seven and fourteen years * provides detailed, literary kwledge about the authors, their works, language, plot and characterisation, including exclusive transcripts of interviews with three contemporary children's book authors * shows teachers how pupils can be encouraged to become more critical and kwledgeable about screen, picture and comic narratives as well as written narratives * demonstrates how reading stories can help connect pupils and teachers to a broader pedagogy in ways which promote deeper thinking, learning and engagement. This lively, informative and practical book will enable teachers, students and classroom assistants to plan inspiring and enjoyable lessons which will encourage them to teach children's literature in an entirely different and inventive way.
- Author BiographyDiane Duncan, formerly a primary headteacher and university lecturer is now an educational researcher, writer and consultant. She is also a visiting lecturer at the University of Hertfordshire.
- Author(s)Diane Duncan
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/08/2008
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note41 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.